Monday, June 2, 2008

The Golden Crown


It's the busyest Monday I've had in a long time and yet I am writing in my blog. I needed a break. Dan woke up at 6:30 after sleeping in my chair. He went to bed in his bed -- but around 4 a.m. when Jake was up needing something or other (I was a little sleepy at the time) -- Derek heard some snoring and found that Dan had made his way out sometime during the night and slept in my chair. What a silly boy.

At 8 a.m. I was having my golden crown fixed. Of course this isn't the kind you wear on your head -- I don't have one of those -- it's the kind that goes on a tooth. Mine fell out a week ago and has been sitting on top of my jewelry box looking a lot like a gold tooth. It took a little over an hour to get it reglued and then feeling normal again. I learned about the dentist's bear hunt and remembered that it's hard to hold your mouth open that long.

Meanwhile, Trisa took Connor and Jake to swimming lessons where Connor was put in the wrong class. He thought it was my mistake but I had the paper to prove I had put him in the right class (whew!). Fortunately he's a good swimmer and so they moved him up anyhow. Jake went to class but did confess that he didn't put his head under water. If he wanted to shock me he would have needed to confess that he HAD put his head under.

Before the boys got home I had finished being re-toothed and had signed Kayli up for band camp. I came home and paid a bill and registered the car (printing out a temporary registration so that I would not get a ticket today). I traded Trisa and she took the car to a job interview while I went and picked up Kayli from piano in the truck and took her to band camp. The truck is beastly to park and Trisa didn't want to add to the stress of her interview -- or not get the job because she parked on the owners car or something.

Anyhow, I also went to the pharmacy and two more people attended piano lessons plus we all ate lunch and the laundry has been running throughout. Aren't we impressive? Maybe not, but some days we can get a lot done if we organize things just right. I still get to tour the brand new high school, take Kayli to 4H and attend a ball game. We might consider eating dinner too. I'm hoping the cooking fairy is coming over soon or I might have to do the cooking too.

5 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I love those days where you're all busy but it's an efficient busy. The cooking fairy will come- maybe in the form of Wendy's or Caesar's?

TisforTonya said...

okay, did someone forget to mention "the lazy days of summer" start today in your part of the world? I'm tired just reading it... today all I've done is make sure that the kids who leave come back eventually and that those that come to visit leave after a few hours... of course, tomorrow we start with the dentist, then I'm taking a friend out for a pedicure for her birthday... it will take a long time, but I can't exactly say it's taxing...
You deserve a gold crown (the on your head kind this time) since you can accomplish all of those wonderful things and keep a smile on your face! (oh, and good luck to Trisa on the job!)

Megz said...

Days like that feel really good once they are over. I had a few moments of cursing summer break today, but then we ended on a good note and they are all sweetly in bed so I'm ready to be a super mom for tomorrow. I wonder how long that feeling will last...

LC said...

What a day and it all went without a hitch--or pretty close. You could say even that it was a good day except I don't think any visit to the dentist could be included in a good day.

Anna said...

Wow! Maybe you could send the cooking fairy over to my house...although I discovered something very easy to make: take a large package of frozen meatballs and dump them in a crockpot. Dump in a large jar of spaghetti sauce. Turn on high for about three hours. There's dinner. Okay, so you have to cook the noodles and maybe heat up a can of green beans, but there you are. :-)