Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Christian Men --- Rejoice!!

As the mother of girls who are grown up -- or almost grown up -- I have had the chance lately to be extremely grateful for the good Christian men in my life and in the lives of my children.  It's a new kind of terrifying to have a daughter old enough that she could choose to get married if she wanted to.  It's less terrifying because she's smart and even less terrifying because she has good Grandpas, a good Dad, and lots and lots of good Uncles to look to as a guide for what a good Christian man is like.  So today I want to say a quick thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the men who know how to live the gospel in such a way that my girls look up to you and enjoy your company.  I have hopes that my girls will find someone like you.

To all of the wives of those men -- give them a thanks from me.  Because of them I can be more hopeful than terrified.  My girls will, when the time is right, find good Christian men -- and then we can rejoice!

5 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I've been thinking about that lately. About the married part, and who will babysit my kids when Trisa gets married.
That is great she's got a lot of good examples in her life!

T said...

hear hear!!!

Megz said...

Good men are out there and hopefully they are smart enough to choose those good girls who are patiently (or impatiently) waiting for them.
I can't wait to plan Trisa's wedding with her....

Marcy said...

Agreed!
Love your new heading picture, where were you?
For inquiring minds- I got the washer fixed yesterday and it is working great! But I've been told if one more thing goes wrong with it, it's outta here! :)

LC said...

What a great message Sher.