Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Playing Dress Up

Tia cleaned her room yesterday (Gasp!)  She had an afternoon off which is a very rare thing.  When she cleaned out her closet she got rid of a couple of dance dresses because they don't fit anymore.  Since she is bigger than her mother, I thought I'd try them on.  I had Connor take a few pictures of me in Tia's Prom dress from her sophomore year (her only Prom).  I love feeling pretty in a pretty dress!  Alas!  There is no princess ball for me to attend, and I would really have to beg to get Derek into a nice tux to take me to one.  Okay, so I'm not really sure even begging would work -- but it's fun to dream!

8 comments:

Megz said...

Not many moms can wear their daughters prom dress.
Why not wear it on all those fancy cruise dinners?

stephanie said...

awesome! you should find an occasion to wear it.

Saimi said...

Awe, all dressed up and no where to go..sad...

You look so beautiful too!

JoanFromHillsboro said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! (Hey...did we go to our Jr. Prom together?! :)

Anna said...

So cool!! I think you should coax Derek into a tux and go out to dinner some place fancy here. There are so many proms going on you can just claim to be a chaperone! Or that it's card you drew out of a deck of "What To Do On a Date With Your Spouse When You Can't Think of Anything Original" cards. Okay, so I made that last part up. But it would still be fun! Or you could borrow a tux for Derek and take "prom" pictures in your living and write a story about going to prom with your dream date! And you look gorgeous, btw.

TisforTonya said...

you look great in that - time for a fancy date somewhere!!!

tell me you didn't get rid of the dress... it's so hard to find something beautiful and modest!!! and you've got another daughter (and a bunch of nieces)...

Sherie Christensen said...

Joan, I did go to junior prom with you and Tonya I did keep the dress. Kayli thought it was a good idea.

Marcy said...

BEAUTIFUL dress and it looks great on you!! You HAVE TO find an occasion to wear it!