|September 1, 1961|
Doyle and Anna
|My Parents on their wedding day|
|Mom and Dad|
|My Parents at their 50th Anniversary Party.|
|Feeding each other Anniversary cake (made and decorated by Tina)|
1. We gathered
2. We had dinner outside on beautifully decorated tables. Neighbors helped serve and clear.
3. Jenny introduced the program.
4. Ray gave a very nice tribute to my parents.
5. We all sang "No Empty Chairs" by Orrin Hatch and Janice Kapp Perry
6. Tina gave her tribute and the beautiful quilt she spent hours and hours making for them. Unfortunately my camera was in the car.
7. We sang two verses of "You are My Sunshine" and some people got the giggles over the rather tragic second verse.
8. I read my tribute (It was a poem I wrote for their anniversary).
9. Brian and Jenny gave their tributes.
10. Kayli, Trisa, Alexandrea, and I sang "Happily Ever After" by Jenny Phillips outside on the steps while Tia played it on the piano in the house (and sang) and Audrey turned pages and sang. We perhaps needed more volume and a bit more practice.
11. We took a break for family pictures.
12. My parents cut the cake while they had their picture taken a zillion times and then fed the cake to each other.
13. We all ate cake, except Dan who is allergic and so he had Oreos, and Derek because it was too late and maybe others that I'm not aware of because really I didn't ask everyone if they had cake!
14. We had a dance. I wondered how a dance would work out but it ended up being fun. Connor was great and kept asking his sisters to dance. He tried asking one of his cousins once, but she turned him down and so he stuck to his sisters. Derek danced with me. Isn't he nice? We got to pick songs and so Brian had us dancing to "Stayin' Alive". We tried the chicken dance too -- which was funny. Dan did do some of his moves, but everyone was so busy doing their own moves that they didn't notice.
15. After the dance we eventually got everyone situated and to sleep. It really was a very well done and happy event for my very deserving parents.