My friend, on her blog, reported a tender mercy yesterday. I was very thankful for the tender mercy that she shared, and for the fact that it felt good for me to hear of a blessing someone else received. So, since I have been struggling with knowing what to write lately, I thought I would share some things that I have been thankful for in the last couple of weeks. These have been busy weeks. I've been tired, and have often felt overwhelmed, but there are always more things to be thankful for than not and here are some of mine.
1. The Christian radio station. When the music channels let me down, hearing discussions on listening to the promptings of the Spirit, and other good topics, were helpful to me during my drives around.
2. My African, Latin dance video. I wouldn't really want anyone to watch me do it, but it is surprisingly fun. It's a lot easier to get myself to exercise when it feels like play.
3. The dentist for helping take care of my kids' teeth.
4. The temple. I love to be there.
5. My Family. They are good people who try hard to do what is right. They like to help other people, and they like to help each other -- including me.
6. The fireplace. We sit by it often and I am thankful every morning that Connor turned the fire on so that it is warm for me. (It's a gas fireplace)
7. Good neighbors who come and help if we need them. Derek needed some extra muscles and the neighbor came right over to help.
8. Primary Children. They make me smile.
9. My bed. It's warm comfortable.
10. My toothbrush. I am totally looking forward to using it right now!
I am, of course, thankful for all of you!