Monday, November 2, 2015

My Happy Birthday

I've been meaning to write about my birthday for a while, but I keep forgetting to ask Kayli for pictures -- so you get what I took.  I started celebrating my birthday on my sister Jenny's birthday since we were all together in Idaho.  I got the nicest notes from my sisters and parents while I was there.  I have read them a few times since I got home when I have needed to feel good about myself! Jenny gave me a present, and the one picture I have for my birthday is of that present on my feet!
These are super soft and warm.  Perfect for my ice cube feet.
My actual birthday was awesome too.  After my alarm went off I checked the notifications on my phone, and there I found I had already received super nice emails for my birthday from the relatives out east who had been up for a while (I guess).  After the kids went to school I went jogging (I'm so proud of myself) and saw my father-in-law and my mother-in-law out walking.  I got some cheery happy birthday wishes from them.  Later I got to go visit my sister-in-law Mandy, which I always enjoy.  I got phone calls from more thoughtful relatives and my parent's in law stopped by to visit and bring a card and chocolate.  There were lots of thoughtful notifications on facebook too -- and even via text.

Derek and the kids spoiled me as they usually do with nice notes, and presents.  Kayli took time out of her super busy schedule to help me make spinach pizza (Yum!) for dinner.  She offered to make dessert too -- but I can't remember what we ended up doing.  Maybe rootbeer floats?  I am getting older so I can't be expected to remember everything!

The whole day was awesome -- until I went to bed.  Then suddenly I got hit by a horrible cold, and went out to be miserable on the couch.  That lasted more days than I thought it should, but I was glad it didn't hit until the end of a very happy day.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well Cuz I'm gettin older too cause I can't remember if I wished you a happy birthday or not,but Happy Birthday anyway.Hope you have many more.