Sunday, May 19, 2019

Derek Had a Birthday

Derek's birthday is on Cinco de Mayo and I posted a silly song for that day, and I wrote about walking in the wind on his birthday, but I did not write about him.
Derek in 2010 / Derek is fun, and I like this picture from the Christmas where he got
the Knight for a Christmas present.
Every day I am thankful for Derek.  We met in 1987, got married in 1988 and have been going through the ups and downs of life together ever since.  He doesn't really love mushy, romantical posts, and so I will just say that I love him and that I enjoyed spending his whole birthday with him this year.

Happy Belated Birthday to my Derek.
Here we are getting ready for a family picture.  Connor's friend Amanda was very
patient.  It is nearly impossible to get us all looking at the camera, standing up straight, not blinking,
not making silly faces, not posing dramatically, and not talking!  We hadn't really started yet, and Jake is being silly in this one.  I am telling him to stand up.

Naturally, Derek being silly makes us all smile our best, but then he's not ready for the picture!

No comments: