Thursday, June 13, 2019

Be Anxious For Nothing

Be anxious for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.                                  Philippians 4: 6-7  KJV2000
It is easy to feel that I have a right to feel anxious sometimes.  There are so many things that can be worried over, and I certainly can choose to worry!  But I find the days are better when I can choose to be grateful and trusting.  I can pray.  This gives me access to God, who is wise and who is the Father of us all.  He truly wants what is best for everyone and gives us chances to learn and grow and become stronger.

Becoming stronger isn't always fun.  Becoming physically stronger usually includes some soreness (or a lot of soreness).  There is no reason to think I can become the person of strong faith that I want to be without facing challenges, and learning how to turn to God.  When I do this I learn that He is trustworthy, and that He will send that peace that passes all understanding.

*Photo by Igor Kasalovic on Unsplash

No comments: