Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Sympathy and Sunshine

Picture by Kayli's friend Brittany.  I kind of stole it from Facebook.  Thanks Brit!
This is Kayli and BoBo.  I believe this was the day Kayli started feeling lousy
but she looks great here!  I hope she feels well soon.
This morning was one of those where I woke up with a headache, and all of my joints hurting.  The first few steps always find me hobbling with an ow, ow ow!  Sometimes I miraculously find a sense of humor about this.  I have a friend who has had her joints ache like that every day of her life (that she can remember) and I love her attitude about hard things.  My attitude wasn't so great when I woke up.

After breakfast I like to sit in my sunny front room and study.  Kayli came in.  She's been sick for so long.  She coughs and coughs and I feel so sorry for her, but she still manages to pull out sympathy for me, and having someone be sympathetic seems to make pains less bothersome.  It might not be really logical, but it's true.  I took medicine, kept busy, and really ended up feeling well by noon and having a perfectly lovely day. 

The sympathy of a thoughtful daughter, and the gift of a beautiful, sunny day helped make today a happy one.

No comments: