Sunday, June 2, 2019

The Best Dad For Me

Picture from the year 2000 
I love my Dad.  He is the best Dad for me.  I could say a lot of things about him and the good example he has been for me since I was born.  He has taught me a lot through the years, but today I want to mention how thankful I am for what a good listener he has become.  I called him before I went on a walk one day because I needed someone to talk to.  He listened and talked to me for the whole time I walked, and it wasn't a short walk.  It made such a big difference in a day that seemed difficult when it started.  There have been other days when I was struggling through aches and pains when he has listened and been sympathetic and not made me feel bad for whining when he was likely hurting more than me. 

Dad turns 81 on June 2nd.  He is such a smart, hard working person and it is hard for him to not be able to do as much, or remember as well, but I am grateful that he is still around for me to hug and to talk to.  I regret that I don't do either of those things enough, but I love my Dad and hope he has a happy birthday!

*I discovered that I don't take enough pictures of my Dad.  When I told Kayli I was looking for a picture she mentioned this as her favorite because he looks so happy.  He is happy playing with his grandchildren!

1 comment:

Ada said...

Great message about your dad! I am glad he’s around, too!