Monday, September 14, 2020

Extreme Creepy Closet Makeover

 

This was after I had cleaned out half of the closet!

This past weekend I had a chance to go on a little trip to help clean out a creepy closet so that it didn't have to be avoided.  This is my kind of project!  Hard to make worse, and no matter how much improvement it seems like a lot!  I had looked inside the closet before, so I had some idea what to expect, but once I emptied it out I did find a couple of surprises.

The first surprise (besides the good surprise that the floor of the closet was in decent shape) was that you could see light coming into the house.
The second surprise was that when I moved the cabinet door that was propped up against the left side of the closet floor, I found this.  Not a great surprise!  When I knelt down I could see all along the foundation of the house and light came in a good way down into that gap too.

So, a trip to the Ace hardware was in order where I got some nifty expanding foam, some paint and a couple of shelves.  The end result certainly isn't perfect, but light no longer comes in from outside, and the spiders and webs have been disposed of.



Not bad considering I had about five hours or so to get the job done.  It's not perfect by any means, but at least there won't be as many worries that creatures will climb in and haunt the closet!

No comments: