Saturday, April 29, 2023

New Improved Garden Bench

 A few years ago I bought what I called an old red desk, but was probably really an old dresser missing the big drawers.  I turned it into my garden bench, and didn't bother painting it because it was being used as a place to work with dirt and such anyway.  Now in our new house, I wanted a corner of the garage for my garden bench.  Today, with the help of Jake, we moved the wood down to the basement, and the desk up to the garage.  He helped me cut the tops of the extended corner desk, and helped me attach everything securely.  Then I painted.  I was not a perfectionist about painting, but it looks pretty good for a garden bench!

This is the desk before painting.  The drawers are out and I decided to spray paint
 them since it seemed easier.

From red to black with a little red on the edges :-)

Mostly painted

Now the white cabinet just needs handles and I need to figure out where to hang all of the tools.
I'm pretty excited about my work bench!

No comments: