Saturday, April 2, 2011

An Answer to Prayer

Today I am going to share something that is important to me.  Most of you know that I like to write poetry.  Some of them I sit down and struggle through writing.  Others seem to come as a gift.  I realized the other day that I haven't shared one of my poems that was written at the beginning of last year.  It is one that came on a hard day.  It was, to me, a gift from a loving Father in Heaven in answer to a need I had that day.  He answers prayers in many ways, and I am thankful to know that He is mindful of all of His children.  This poem is called "Windows of Heaven" and seemed to come to me directly from an open window to heaven.  It sounds more like a prayer, but it is a prayer that was answered as it was given.  I hope you will enjoy it.

Windows of Heaven

Lord, open the windows of heaven to me.
Help me obey so thy light I can see.
Let me feel warmth from the strength of thy love,
Oh Lord, send thy light from above.

Lord, open the windows of heaven to me.
Help me feel sun when it’s clouds I can see.
Brighten my road when the darkness creeps in.
Oh Lord, please protect me from sin.

Lord, open the windows of heaven to me.
Help me the love of my Savior to see.
As I walk through life, do not leave me alone.
Oh Lord, let thy light guide me home

5 comments:

Marcy said...

That is amazing!! I love it , thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

Saimi said...

Wow Sher, I got goose bumps reading your poem, you're very good!

Happy Mom said...

Thanks for sharing that! It is wonderful.

Michelle said...

Wow Sher, wish I had rhythm, but I don't. So you got the poetry talent for me and I got the lazy talent for you. Thanks for sharing.

LC said...

Very very nice.