Monday, March 10, 2014

A Week in Summary

Does it seem like I don't write very much lately?  For some reason writing has seemed hard, and I haven't done it.  Last week was busy, but it was a good week.  The day after the paper bag game was a day where my Mom did genealogy, my Dad worked on repairing the wall where the old mirror was, and I was grumpy, but managed to sand and stain the bathroom cabinets for the first time and make dinner, so I was rather proud of myself.  Poor Jake stayed home sick, and was home all week.  He is much better now, but his cough doesn't sound much better, especially in the morning, and so I kept him home today too.
The before it got too far picture.
Wednesday Derek stayed home, and between him and my Dad lots of things got accomplished.  The new countertop was put in, the wall was finished and painted and the new light went in.  I pretended to do genealogy with my Mom but quickly decided I didn't know what I was doing, and so I just enjoyed seeing how far back people had been able to trace our genealogy.  Pretty far!  One line I looked at went back to the 1500s.  I thought that was pretty good.  Derek, trimmed trees, and I can't remember if it was this day or the next that I re-stained the doors and drawers.  I wasn't as good of a hostess for this day and didn't make dinner.  My parents kindly found their own food to eat.  Luckily I had some bottled fruit on hand!
Thursday my parents went off on the rest of their trip and I went to the allergist where I discovered that I am allergic to outdoors.  Grasses, Mountain Cedar Trees and Sage Brush were the worst.  I was tested for 58 things and was allergic to 50.  Maybe one of those doesn't count so then I would be only allergic to 49, including cats and dogs.  I'm hoping that getting allergy shots will have the side affect of getting rid of my oral allergies which make it unpleasant to eat raw fruits and vegetables.  Thursday night Kayli and I went to play futsal with some fellow ward members.  Not many of us had spectacular skills, but we ended with a tied game, got good exercise, and had fun in the process.

Friday I put the bathroom back together and got to go to dinner with Derek.  Saturday I was really tired and fell asleep while Derek worked, and Sunday was a good, busy day full of church, worship, and family.

I forgot to take a picture of our bathroom before the remodel.  I thought I had one somewhere from when our house was for sale, but it must have disappeared with the demise of our last computer.  So here are some pictures of the process, and the result.  It will have to be good enough.


cold cocoa said...

Nice! GOod work. Nice to get fun projects that make nice changes for your house.

Marcy said...

That is a busy week, LOVE the bathroom!!

Anna said...

So pretty!! I love the new bathroom.

The Wonderous Life of Tia said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to use that bathroom ;) That looks fantastic!!!