Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Jesus' Light and Love

"Let Your Light So Shine" by Simon Dewey
A few years ago my friend Shannon gave me a framed copy of this picture as a gift.  It hangs on my family room wall where I can see it every day.  I love it. 

One morning I was sitting on the couch listening to beautiful church music and looking at this picture.  I was quietly feeling my head ache, and trying to get up a little gumption for my day, and I got to wondering what it would feel like to see Jesus. To just have a moment to be with Him.  As I thought about this it came to me that, in a way, I see Jesus every day.  I see Him in the compassion and love shown to me by my family and friends.  I see Him in the kindness and thoughtfulness shared with me and with my family.  I see Him in the little tender mercies that are there if I pay attention.  Thinking of this made it so I really could feel the thankfulness that I was trying to have that day (It was a Thankful Thursday)

This morning I was reading my scriptures and found a scripture that matched my pretty picture:  "I give unto you to be the light of this people ...let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." 
3 Nephi 12: 14 and 16  

Thanks so much to every one of you for all that you do to share Jesus' love with me, my family, and with all of those around you.  I truly am blessed every day -- and not just on Thursdays!

#LightTheWorld

No comments: