Sunday, September 23, 2018

Survivor?

I was given this by American Fork Hospital once I had finished my lumpectomy and my radiation.  I never have felt like I deserved the term "Survivor" because I never expected to meet my demise because of the very little cancer I had.  Still, I have come to the conclusion that maybe everyone who gets up in the morning and keeps plugging away at their life, trying to handle the challenges they have in the best way they know how, deserves the term survivor.  Life is great!  It is full of good things!  But it is also very hard for everyone at least some of the time -- and most of the time I think it is really hard at least once a day -- even if only for a few minutes.  So yay for all of us Survivors!  Keep at it!  Don't give up!  As long as we try to help each other, we can do it.

No comments: