Thursday, May 7, 2020

Is God Really There?

The other evening, after a particularly hard day, I sat in bed flipping the pages in my scriptures, trying to find a thought I could share the next morning in a Zoom meeting.  I felt listless, and discouraged, and nothing struck the right chord until I read Mosiah 4:9
"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."
Peace settled over me as I read this.  It reminded me that just because I can't understand why something is or isn't happening doesn't mean that there isn't some good that can come from the way things are.  It also reminded me that just because, in any given moment, I might not feel believing, I can choose to believe!

No comments: