Saturday, January 16, 2021

Electricity to Build With!

There is power going from the box to our new house.  This has to be finished so that they can start framing.  

This is a trench all along the front of our property.  It is new and I'm not really sure what it's for, but it was fun to jump over so I could go check out the rest of the work!

Part of the cement has been uncovered I think.  What do you think?

A view from the house out towards the neighbors house.  You can see the rock and sand piles, the floor joists and the trench.

A closer look at the piles.

My van in the background, lots of rebar in the foreground.

The left quartz will likely be the countertops in most of the kitchen.  The one on the right will be on the island.  The picture below is the big version.  Nothing is set in stone yet:-)  I can always change my mind!

That's it!  We looked at fireplaces and plumbing fixtures yesterday, and chose sinks today with the countertops.  There are lots of choices to make and budgets to try to stay in!  I asked today for a guess on when the framing would be done.  I was told the middle of February.  I am looking forward to seeing it in real life instead of on paper!

No comments: