Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Calm

Photo by Marc Newberry on Unsplash

I have a clear cover on my phone that I can put any kind of picture or words under to make it like a new cover all of the time.  I am absolutely sure that some people would find this to be extremely bothersome, but I get a surprising amount of pleasure trying to come up with something that I will enjoy.  For the last couple of months the cover of my phone has been pictures of pumpkins with the word FALL to celebrate the season. But then it snowed.  

I go through old magazines and look for pictures I like that will fit, and today I chose snowflakes, since they were falling from the sky.  Instead of the word winter though, I chose the word calm.  Couldn't we all use a bit of calm?  I figured during the holiday hustle and bustle that is the last quarter of the year, it would be good to remember to stop sometimes and enjoy a few moments of calm.  To gather peace around me and remember to be grateful.  There is so much good if I look for it!  Recognizing the good, instead of focusing on the bad can help me to feel calm instead of anxious.

May you have a happy season full of calm moments!

No comments: