Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Best Kind of Surprise

Teddy and Me a different day

When my alarm went off this morning I did not want to get up.  I was sleepy - unlike the more magical morning before.  But no matter how tired I felt, even after having breakfast, I needed to take the much less sleepy Teddy out for his morning constitutional.  I hurt my knee  a while back and have only been walking a couple of blocks, but it was cold and my tired self decided one block would be sufficient.  

As I walk, I generally talk to Teddy, who I find amusing.  When we got halfway down the block I announced as I always do when we walk down that street, "That is my friend Jan's house, Hi Jan." and then there she was!  She was smiling and waving from the window.  I thought that was an awesome surprise on the cloudy cold morning, but then she did more!  She grabbed a sweater, which I'm sure was NOT sufficient to keep her warm and came outside to see how I was doing.  

I was cold, and tired, and my face probably did not reflect how thankful I was to see her and to have her come and say hello, but it really was the best kind of surprise!  I need to remember to show the joy I have in seeing people.  What a difference it makes when someone goes out of their way to be friendly and kind!

No comments: