Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Sometimes You Want To Go

 Where Everybody Knows Your Name....

This is not Derek's car so I did not take it in for an oil change!

Today I took Derek's car in for an oil change and tire rotation.  I have gone to the same place for years and so many of them know my name.  At the pharmacy maybe everybody knows my name.  I just really like being able to go to the same place year after year so that I can have my car fixing friends and my pharmacy friends and even my Walmart friends.  It makes everything more friendly!

Today when I walked into the car place a neighbor was there.  It was nice to get to talk to her since I know who she is but don't really know her well.  Time went by much faster when she was there.  She is from Payson and we both have gone to the same two car places for quite a few years and talked about how nice it is to find people to trust about things we don't know much about!

I am thankful today that we have lived in the same area for so long.  I'm sure there are good things about moving around too, but I really like the benefits of knowing people, or at least recognizing them because of the time we have lived here!

This is not my car either.  This is the 2022 car show from January.
It is a cool looking car though!

No comments: