Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Beautiful Eyes

Sherie, Shannon and Wilx
Shannon has "beautiful eyes" as 
described in the story!
Yesterday I listened to a story called "The Richest Gift" from The Mother's Heart / Libraries of Hope.  In this story a baby boy was given the gift of beautiful eyes.  This was not about how his eyes looked, but his ability to see the good in all of those around him, and to recognize their gifts.  He used that gift throughout his life to lift the spirits of those around him and to help match talents to work needed in the kingdom.  Naturally, at the end of the story when the old king died, Beautiful Eyes was made king because he was trusted and loved by all.

This story reminded me of what a gift it is when people see the good in us, especially in moments when we can't see that good in ourselves.  This is a great way to show love!  I have been blessed with a mother and a mother-in-law who are good at encouraging me to write, and sometimes that is what keeps me going.  When I was practicing the flute with the choir before our performance, I noticed every little flaw in what I did, but the choir members were all so pleased, and when I looked doubtful at a friend's complement she assured me that, though I didn't look like I believed her, she was telling me the truth.

I am so thankful for those who have used their own "beautiful eyes" to help me see myself in a better light and who have been champion encouragers!

No comments: