Thursday, June 13, 2024

Mesa Verde

 Mesa Verde is a lot of driving and a lot of getting in and out of the car to see awesome things.  We did some short hikes and then at the last minute decided to do the hike to the petroglyphs.  That was my favorite thing all day!  It was a bit over 2 miles, and it had some awesome rock stairs that I loved.

The selfie to prove we were there together :-)

I have wanted to go here since I first saw pictures of it and I finally got my wish!
It is so cool!

There are cliff dwellings hiding in quick a few places.



I took a picture of this and Derek said I was taking pictures of the wrong thing!

I believe that tall skinniest one is the tallest dwelling in the park.
They did work on it a while back to keep it from falling.

This is a vent hole for an underground dwelling.

A peek into the sun temple

Some of the cool stairs I mentioned.

Derek because he kept taking pictures of me -- which perhaps
I forgot to upload to the computer.  Oops.

The foundation for a cave dwelling that was by the path to the petroglyphs.


We have a LOT of rocks at our house, but none of them look as cool
as these rock stairs!

I went and found the pictures Derek took.  I think they are
brighter than mine!

Me on the stairs I was so thrilled about.

And finally me in this awesome location with the crooked tree and rock
stairs on the left.

No comments: