Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Best St. Patrick's Day Ever

St. Patrick's Day as an elementary student meant getting pinched no matter how much green I wore. As a teenager it meant the marching band would go to a college town in Missouri and march on green streets in front of a bunch of people who were drunk and rather scary. As a Mom it means I try to find something even remotely green in my closet and I console any children who got pinched even though they were wearing green. Yesterday was different. I still tried to find something green in my closet (I had worn my favorite green shirts the week before and they were dirty) and my children had stories of people who got teased for wearing too much green but ... I also gained two nephews. They are doing well and so are their moms. That is a great blessing and easily makes this year's St. Patrick's Day the best ever.

3 comments:

shanmorley said...

Okay - I had to sign up - so I think this will work now. I'm home and obviously checking my email and looking at your blog! How fun! THanks for sharing. I need to do the same, but I'm afraid I should go get a shower and start unpacking and then reward myself with more computer time! I'll talk to you soon. Thanks so much for sharing!
Love,
Shan

Megz said...

I think it will be fun for those nephews to always have green Birthday parties. I voted more than once on your poll, BTW. Hope that doesn't skew things too much!

LC said...

That is so sweet!! I was already a fan of the holiday but now it is going to be xtra fun.