Sunday, September 15, 2019

What I Might Be

***
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
Lao Tzu

Have you ever held on to some characteristic of yours as if it defines you? I was thinking of Mrs. Lynde in "Anne of Green Gables"  who was "known around these parts as someone who speaks her mind."  She loved speaking her mind, even if her opinion was unkind or inaccurate.  She felt she was right in her opinions and it was "ok" to tell everyone bluntly what she thought because that was just how she was.  But what if she had let go of being that person, and chose to be someone who only speaks kindness?  She would have done more good and it would have made her less lonely!  Since Mrs. Lyne was a fictional character though, I am glad she was written as she was because it made the story more interesting!

***Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

No comments: