Thursday, March 5, 2020

Gratitude a Gateway to Good Things

I heard a discussion about gratitude on the Christian radio station. They were explaining that ingratitude is the gateway to many sins.  If we aren't grateful for what we have, we are more inclined to covet, or even steal.  If we are not grateful for our spouse, we are more likely to commit adultery, or maybe even just be unkind, or angry. 

While these things are true, I like focusing on the fact that if ingratitude is the gateway to sin, then gratitude is the gateway to good things.  When I am grateful I am content.  When I am grateful for what I have, it is easier to have joy for others who might have more.  Over many years I have continually discovered, and rediscovered that gratitude puts me on the path to joy, and peace -- no matter the circumstance.

Photo by Tj Holowaychuk on Unsplash

No comments: