Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Those Who Never Came Home and Those Who Did


I am writing this on Veterans Day.  Our flag is outside flying, and I am taking a few minutes to think of those Veterans who never came home, and also those who did.  I don't imagine that anyone who has never been in a real battle, or a real war zone, can understand the horror of it all, but those who choose to be soldiers know there is danger, and they put themselves between us and the danger willingly.

Having done that, how they must hurt when people dishonor the flag, or want to give the freedoms they fought for away.  How painful it must be, after fighting with honor, to see those who try to lead, but don't do it in an honorable way.  I hope that the families of those who do not come home receive help, and gratitude for the sacrifice they made of the person they loved and the dreams they had.  I hope those who do come home are met with thankfulness for their service, even by those who do not agree with the war. 

I know that those who never came home, went back to their heavenly home and are able to let go of the horror.  Those who do come home have to struggle to learn how to deal with it, and then, they are often sent back to face it again.  I am very thankful for those who have the courage to fight for the country that I love, and the freedoms that I enjoy.  I hope that I will have the determination to stand up for the freedoms we have been given so that our country can remain "The land of the free, and the home of the brave."

*Photo by Thomas Loizeau on Unsplash

No comments: