Monday, August 7, 2023

A Window to Wonder

 

Photo by Laura College on Unsplash
I've seen a lot of deer this year.  Mostly Mama deer, a few baby deer, and some young bucks.  I have been wondering what happened to the big four point deer we saw quite a bit last year.  And then, I opened my curtain this morning to see big antlers poking up from behind the weeds by the white fence.  He poked his head up and I went to find Kayli and Derek so they could admire him too.  Eventually he stood up and I was able to show Dan.  

We have lived here almost two years and Dan mentioned this evening that he still likes looking out the window and seeing deer.  It has not gotten old.  Now, they are a bit on the annoying side when it comes to plants.  They like to eat my flowers, or pull them out of the ground.  Sometimes they have even stomped on some -- like they were upset that I planted something they didn't want to eat.  But to us, it is still a wonder to look out of the window and see deer.  Mamas, papas, babies and maybe even big grandpas!

No comments: