Friday, August 4, 2023

Heavy Sighs and a Chuckle

Roses in California from our trip in July

This morning after walking Teddy I was getting ready to have breakfast and the kitchen was a mess.  I sighed heavily, loaded the dishwasher and washed the blender part I needed.  I opened the garbage drawer to throw something away and the garbage was full.  I sighed heavily and took the garbage out.  I came in and Teddy brought me his toy (the headless moose) and I sighed, and threw it for him.  At some point I realized that I kept sighing and chuckled.  I've noticed before that if I am tired, or if I find things to do that I don't want to do right then but feel like I have to, I have a tendency to start sighing loudly.  

I think the solution is either to rest, take a break, or, if I just got up, to decide how and when I want to do things so that I am doing them deliberately on my terms and not doing them because I feel like I have to.  The dishwasher has been started, but the kitchen is still messy.  I will fit cleaning it in when I have finished a few things I feel are more important to do right now, or when I find a way to do it where it doesn't feel like such a chore.

Sometimes I do really just have to get a few things done that I don't want to, and don't feel like I have the energy for.  I'm sure this will not be the last time I find myself sighing heavily, but I do hope that I will stop sighing with a chuckle and find a way to move ahead with more joy.

No comments: