Monday, June 24, 2019

Into Little Wild Horse Canyon


This is one of my favorite pictures from our Little Wild Horse Canyon Adventure!
Jake, Sherie, Derek, Dan, Connor
Derek, our boys, and I went on a short adventure this weekend.  We left Friday afternoon, drove to Green River, and had dinner at Arby's.  Luckily that wasn't the whole adventure.  Next we checked into our not very fancy hotel and bravely got in the hot tub after Connor cleaned it out a bit.  The jets were turbo jets.  They made us laugh with how high the water bubbled up from them -- going up and over our heads if we sat too close!  The hot tub was fun, and relaxing. We had a room with 3 queen beds and Dan had a cough, which I think stopped once he was able to sleep.  Either that or I slept through it.  I miraculously slept quite well.

In the morning, after dragging ourselves out of bed and down to breakfast just in time -- we headed out to Little Wild Horse Canyon.  It would take a pretty skinny horse to get through the canyon I think.  Going through this canyon was my favorite part of the day, probably because I have a pulled hamstring that lets me walk on flat ground without pain for a while, and which hurts worse and worse the longer I use it.  Uphill is the worst.
We liked the trees.  They were splashes of green in a not very green landscape.

Dan and Derek

A convenient branch "chair".

Connor wanted a turn.

Jake and Dan in the tree -- Connor under it.
Isn't the bark awesome?

You could walk right up this tree so I wanted a turn in the tree!

Derek and me.  I think I make selfies look like a lot of work.

Jake

Dan

This was one of my other favorite pictures from this part of our day.

Somebody left some artwork for us to enjoy.

Dan

Connor, Derek, and Jake, with Dan being acrobatic above.

Dan, Me, Connor, and Jake


Connor was timing how long Jake could stay balanced like this.

I was trying to get a picture of the tree this giant rock landed on at some point.
The rest of the family went further for five more minutes and then we turned around.
The hamstring I pulled in April was done climbing.

Dan

A closer up of Dan

Connor and Jake.  I'm not sure what they are looking at.

I was trying to get a picture of me with that interesting rock creature on my right.

Derek

And elephant.  We were in the car eating lunch.  I took elephant on our trip because I was so tired when we left
and he makes a good pillow in the car.  And I like hugging him.  And I think it's funny to take pictures with
him in odd places!  I kind of wish I had run him up the trail and taken a picture of him in the tree.
I imagine I would have gotten some funny looks out of that.

That was the first half of our day.  It was a good adventure.

No comments: