Sunday, June 23, 2019

Talking to The Dog. And The Tomato Plants.

Teddy when I've been working in the garden too long!
Tomato plants
Teddy When I'm done working
in the garden.  He's ready for
me to toss that ball!
Today I was working in my garden.  Teddy wanted to play and so he kept throwing his favorite toy -- a flat basketball -- at the gate.  In the mean time, I was trying to tie my tomato plants up.  Especially the two middle ones without the cages which were growing flopped on the ground.  As is often the case, I would switch between talking to Teddy, and the plants I was working on.

I talk to the bushes (they are my "baby" bushes and Teddy is our "baby dog" and both are 2 years old -- the bushes might be 3).  I talk to the flowers telling them what a good job they are doing of blooming.  I talk to the pea plants while I pick the peas.  When I am in my garden I am often talking or singing -- and I do wonder sometimes if the neighbor hears me and thinks I'm a little crazy.  At least it is a nice kind of crazy.  Talking out loud or singing keeps me focused on good things, and not stuck in a negative loop in my head.  And I like to imagine that the plants feel appreciated and grow better.

No comments: