Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Visiting the Goblins

I love this picture of Derek.  And the sky is magnificent!
We went in to Goblin Valley State Park for the second part of our day on Saturday.  When we were back in the car afterwards I asked the boys which they liked best, the slot canyon or the goblins.  They didn't hesitate.  This part was their favorite because they could run, climb, and explore all over.
There were lots of chances for the boys to feel
like the King of the Hill -- or the Goblins:-)

Dan the Man
We thought the "Goblins" looked a lot like rock mushrooms.

Derek's looking tiny on that big rock.



Since I wasn't up to climbing a ton, I sometimes just took pictures.

Derek and Dan in a cave that is up high -- the picture just doesn't show that.

Derek was climbing up to see what he would find.

I had Derek turn around before he climbed up so I could take a picture.

Derek found a way around and they were able to climb up and peek down at me.
This was quite a ways up there.  There was a valley behind them that I never managed
to see.  The boys all eventually joined him, but this is Jake on the left, Dan in the middle,
and Derek on the right.

Dan!

And a picture of elephant as we head home.
It was a good day.

No comments: