Sunday, April 9, 2023

HOME

 Today at church I was contemplating home, and what home means to me.  I wish that when everyone thought of home, they would think of a place like the one I am describing below.  Home.  It is where love, light, forgiveness, and hope are found along with all other good things.

Picture by Dan

HOME

I walk inside and peace abounds.
There are familiar sights and sounds.
It has a smell that can’t be beat,
Like baking bread, or a tasty treat.

I walk inside and see a smile.
I hope that I can stay a while.
I’m gathered in for a warm embrace
That brings a smile to my face.

If I feel burdened when I come
The weight is lifted, at least some.
If it seems dark within my mind
Light is there for me to find.

If I behave in a bad way,
Or say something that I shouldn’t say,
Forgiveness will be swift and sure.
Love will be given; sweet and pure

When I am sad and I can't say why
And I just sit down and cry and cry,
I will just be held and loved as I am,
Until I feel and know again that I can.

I can move ahead, and not be stuck.
I can learn, and grow, and create good luck.
I can spread joy, and comfort too.
Because of home.  This is what I can do.

When I enter in filled to the brim
With joy to share with her, or him,
It multiplies until my joy runs o’er
Because growing joy is what home is for.

Peace, love, hope, and patience too.
Things to learn, and things to do.
A place to rest; rejuvenate.
Yes, a place called home is really great.
by Sherie

No comments: