Friday, October 12, 2018

Meandering Around Historic Charleston

Saturday (the 29th of September) we visited the historic part of Charleston.  We walked around beautiful neighborhoods with little enchanting side yards, or back yards.  It's amazing what having lots of water available can do for a landscape!
This is one of those yards I was talking about.  I think Kayli took pictures of a lot of these.
They were beautiful.

I'm guessing I liked the porches and so I took a picture.  I can't remember!
Looking at it now, I keep wondering about the house behind the tree.  It looks interesting!

This was just a quaint cobblestone road.

I took a picture of this because maybe one day Derek and I will learn how to do fabulous things like this.
 Or maybe we can just get super wealthy and hire somebody.

I like the rows of skinny tall houses.

Kayli and Derek in a beautiful park full of live oaks (Southern live oaks are evergreen oak trees!)
The shore line was behind those trees.  We walked along it first and saw more "flippin' fish"

This says,
"To the defenders of Fort Moultrie June the 28th 1776
NO MEN EVER DID AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE THAT ANY CAN BEHAVE BETTER
Erected under the auspices of the Palmetto Guard
June 23, 1878"
I didn't feel quite as well this day as I wanted to (probably just tired), but Charleston was beautiful and there were a lot of lovely things I did not get pictures of.  There were horse drawn wagons full of tourists who were learning about the city and its buildings.  There were walking tours with groups of people stopped listening to tour guides.  We just like meandering on our own.  Charleston is beautiful!

No comments: