Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Pouring Out My Soul, and The Thankful Game

Derek and I in Charleston
Picture by Kayli
I woke up a few days after getting home from our trip tired, and depressed.  I felt overwhelmed with the Primary work that needed to be done, and with life in general.  I said a morning prayer, but it wasn't inspiring.  I got to work and cleaned a lot of things, but just kept getting grumpier, probably because I wasn't addressing what was really bothering me.  I felt inadequate for all of the things that needed to be done, and therefore was finding it hard to start working on them. 

One day recently after reading about a prophet "pouring out his whole soul" in a garden tower,  I took the time to really pray.  I was trying my best to pour out my soul to my Father in heaven, and I felt so much better for having done that.  So, after thinking about it but not doing it all morning, I finally made myself kneel down and really talk to God.

I felt like the rest of the day was a gift.  It felt like I had Heavenly Father walking beside me all day.  I felt very loved when my perspective shifted so quickly, and I had more energy than usual and no headache.  I had made good progress on the things I was worried about before I got the call that Dan was sick and I needed to go get him.  In the car I got the idea of playing the thankful game.  Ideas can be gifts from the Spirit too!  I just listed things I saw that I was thankful for all of the way to the school.  That is a happy activity.

I am trying to learn to pour out my soul to God on a regular basis, and to notice, and acknowledge all of the things around that I have to be thankful for.  I am always glad when I take the time to do these things because it makes it easier for me to notice and feel Heavenly Father's love for me.

No comments: