Wednesday, March 20, 2024

The Glucose Revolution

I am not on Instagram and that is where "The Glucose Goddess" has a lot of followers that she teaches the benefits of keeping your glucose levels as even as possible.  There are many testimonials.  I heard about her through Kayli and Shannon who both told me about her book Glucose Revolution.  This was months ago, and I told my sister Tina about it even though I hadn't read it.  She read it and was intrigued, and convinced enough to try at least some of what the author recommended and so I finally picked it up and read it.  I was surprised to find it fascinating and hopeful.  If eating things in a different order, and learning about how to avoid Glucose Spikes can help my flagging energy levels then I am all for it!

The author is Jessie Inchauspe and once a glucometer was invented she started wearing one even though she isn't diabetic.  She was a part of an experiment, but also did some experimenting on herself.  Her book is full of graphs that show what caused glucose spikes and what made it so that the same food could be eaten with less of a spike.  There are ten "hacks" that you use as often as you can.  The first one is that you eat food in a certain order.  First you eat fiber, and then protein and fats, and last are the carbs.  I've been trying it since Saturday.  I don't feel a ton more energetic, but I sure don't feel worse and at least I feel like I learned interesting things and that, in the long run, they will be helpful for my health in general.


No comments: