Thursday, March 7, 2024

Glimpses of Heaven


Last night after having traveled for a very long time to get home, I went to bed early.  I was exhausted.  But as I laid there I started remembering moments from my trip that I loved.  Little glimpses of heaven here on Earth.  I ended up getting up to tell Derek some of the experiences so that he could enjoy them too (though he was there for some of them).

I often feel like babies bring a little bit of heaven with them, and it is hard to beat a little boy running towards you yelling "Grandma!" and throwing himself into your arms, or laughing uproariously about the "scary face" he is making and how obviously terrified Grandpa or Daddy are because of it.  

I love watching a new Mom, who is tired and worn out, doing her best to smile and give attention to her toddler, or somehow looking joyful as she holds her new little one who has kept her awake a good share of the night.  I love watching a Dad who likes to be involved in taking care of his children, and who genuinely loves being with them.  I love when older siblings are so happy to greet a sibling and who want to help them if they are sad.

This world has so many hard things, and bad things, but if you have the chance to spend time with a good family who loves each other, then you can feel heaven is closer than you knew, and there is hope for a better world.





No comments: