Monday, August 12, 2024

Feeling Blah

Tia Emily and Brigham in their reunion shirts.
These people do NOT make me feel blah.  I sure miss them though!

Pretty Emmy held by Nana
Today hasn't been a bad day, but I feel kind of blah.  Yesterday I was tired.  I had a hard time staying awake in church (sorry speakers!) and then I messed something up -- not irreparably, but who likes to mess up and disappoint people?  And then I went home and ate and just felt tired and so I took a nap, but still managed to be sleepy at bedtime.

Today I woke up to a cloudy but beautiful view of the mountains and found a couple of songs that I really like.  I have done laundry, played my flute and the piano, and taught flute and recorder lessons to a couple of cute and kind girls.  I have talked to a friend, and Derek, and Dan.  All of the things I have done have been good, and yet I still feel blah.

What do you do when you want out of a blah mood and into a happier one?  One option is always distraction.  T.V. or a book -- something interesting, and with a happy ending.  I could try to move really fast in the hopes that some energy will appear along with the movement.  Blah can disappear while I work on creative things.  I really enjoyed playing instruments this morning, and I am sure I can come up with a creative project to work on.   

Probably the most important thing to do to really get rid of the blahs is to look at what I am focusing on.  If my focus is on all of the ways I fail, then my blah mood might stick around for a very long time!  I really need to focus on the good, and all I have to be grateful for including the following: 

Uplifting music, sweet girls to teach, good friends, an awesome family, a soft, fluffy Teddy who follows me around, and laundry machines so I don't have to wash by hand and hang things on a clothes line.  I have good food to eat, ice to go with my water, plants, flowers, and trees to enjoy, and a nice rug in my office under my feet.  I have instruments, books, socks, blankets, plants, and a computer to type on.  Best of all, I am perfectly loved by our Father in heaven and Jesus.  I fail, but as long as I keep turning to them, I will be okay.  I will even get past the blahs!

Brigham and Tia on an ice cream adventure.
I bet you know whose ice cream was blue!

One of our beautiful sunsets.

No comments: