Sunday, August 4, 2024

I Love Getting Creative

 "I Love Getting Creative" is something that Ben Napier says all of the time on his and Erin Napier's show Home Town.  It was partly their show that inspired me to start looking for old things to make new, or other creative projects I can do around my house to make things better.  Doing creative projects brings me a lot of joy.  Some projects are as simple as painting a room (which is simple -- but not necessarily easy!).  Some projects are restoring old furniture, or trays, or whatever else I find that I think I can do something with.  Here are a couple of my recent projects.

I found this at D.I. for $2

I had fun painting a board to go behind it and making the shelf look newer.

Now it gets used as a part of my work bench to hold my work apron,
some gardening tools, a tape measure, and wood glue.


I got this from a neighbor who left it on the side of the road for free.
It used to be a desk, but I cut off the desk part.



This is what it looks like now.  It holds my flute music
and the sheets that go with the futon couch.  It looks pretty in the piano room!


I also painted the piano room.  Our other house had a lot of color inside by the time we moved out.
This one is mostly gray.  Kayli and I missed our green piano room and so now we
have one again.  Instead of one green wall, all four are green.  Only one is dark green.
I love it!


Special thanks goes to my Mom and Mother-in-law who are so encouraging and kind that they get pictures of all of my projects.  They are really great at telling me what a good job I've done, and who doesn't like a good complement?

No comments: