Monday, March 11, 2019

Mealtime. Sacred?

Photo by Francois Pistorius on Unsplash

During the introduction to one of my Tai Chi DVDs Scott Cole said that he considers "mealtime a sacred time dedicated to fueling my body in the best, highest order possible."

I have been taught that my body is a temple, and temples are sacred.  It makes sense to me that we should pay attention to what we put into our bodies.  We should be mindful of whether we are giving our bodies good fuel, or the kind that corrodes the tank (so to speak).

I will admit that I have not really ever been great about "fueling my body in the best, highest order possible".  I mostly have fueled it in a tasty, but not so healthy manner.  Making mealtime sacred in the way Scott Cole talked about is worth some thought, and when I think of mealtime this way, I eat healthier food!

No comments: