Friday, August 23, 2019

Being Priceless

This is Dan in the place where I
pulled my hamstring in April.  It was
beautiful and I don't regret going.
I hope I can still say that when the
Physical Therapists are doing
painful things to make me better!
(The Dr. described what would
be done.  I am feeling kind of
chicken to go!)
Today I was whining to Derek and later to Connor about being expensive.  I went to the doctor today (Thursday) for a hamstring that I apparently tore back in April and that hasn't really healed properly -- maybe because I didn't go to the doctor in the first place to find out what to do.  Anyhow, the result is that I have to go to physical therapy twice a week for 6 weeks.  Ching! Ching!  Then we'll assume it will be fine because if not there is a list of even more expensive things I can do (which thankfully do NOT include surgery).

When I had cancer and bills would come I would cry.  Who wants to spend money on doctor bills?  Especially when my, of course large, contribution to the family brings in zippo dollars?  Derek was (and is) great and just says, "We just pay our bills" (and he could add that we don't need to overthink it!).  So today when I was waiting to see the doctor and the thought of how expensive I was came up I  pushed it back down, but it kept popping up.  Later Connor called for something unrelated and I told him I felt expensive.  He answered, "That's because you are Priceless!"  I much prefer being priceless to expensive so we'll go with that one :-).

No comments: