Sunday, April 28, 2024

Projects

I often really enjoy projects.  I like to find old things and make them look new again.  I have done a couple of projects recently and have a few that I am in the middle of.  I am trying not to collect more projects before I finish up the ones I already have!

This is a tray I got at the Treasures Antique store.  I like elephants and it was cheap.
This is the bottom after I had cleaned it up a bit.



Here it is finished and helpfully holding some elephants on top of my cupboards.



Here is a stool I bought at D.I. after I took the "lovely" olive green cushion off.


Here is the bottom in the basement being repainted.
I redid the top twice.  The first time it was covered with a jean cloth that had stars on it.
The sun faded it and so I got real indoor/outdoor upholstery cloth.


Here is the finished product -- though I am still considering
getting vinyl flowers to put on the ends.

Some projects take a long time for me to get to.  The elephant tray was pretty quick.  The stool probably took a couple of years.  I have other projects I started about four years ago that I am still working on!  That is why I think I'd better finish some before getting more!

No comments: