Monday, March 30, 2015

Palm Sunday, Monticello, and the Canyonlands

Yesterday was Palm Sunday.  Usually, we color pictures of palm leaves and talk about why we are thankful for Jesus.  Most of the family did color palm leaves, and watch some videos portraying Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem.  I was really, really tired yesterday, and I never managed to color my palm leaf, or write down some things I'm thankful for. 

I am thankful for many things.  Two of those things are my family, and the beautiful world we live in. Here are some pictures of both -- though Tia is missing in the pictures, and I am thankful for her too. This is a trip we took a little over a week ago to see Trisa and Travis' new house in Monticello, and to hike in the Canyonlands.  It was a beautiful weekend!

Derek, Jake and Dan by Newspaper Rock

Dan by a bush of "Mormon Tea"

Jake, Derek, Trisa, and Connor (who is easiest to see)

Trisa, Jake, Derek

Derek, Kayli, and Trisa

Derek and Trisa

Kayli

Connor, Chewy, and Kayli in Trisa and Travis' new house.  Too bad I forgot to take pictures of their nice house!

Travis.  I had to take a picture when he was busy playing Connect 4 with Dan so he wouldn't hide his face.
As always, Trisa and Travis were excellent hosts and we were taken care of very well!

No comments: