Wednesday, January 17, 2024

I Knew We'd Work It Out

 

Sherie (Me) and Mike
Taken by Connor Fall 2023

Original by Grant Wood











My fun Christmas puzzle from Connor and Amanda









I just added the pictures for fun because I like them :-) -- not because they have anything to do with what I wrote!

A Moment in my day:

Today I bought a couple of bags worth of things at D.I..  They were in two white bags and I was heading to the door.  I saw an older gentleman walk in and have to immediately step around some people.  When he finally got past them, looking a little frustrated, I ended up stepping right in his way to allow someone to take my cart.  Honestly, I thought he would say something grumpy, and I quickly apologized, but he just got a small smile on his face and said, "I knew we'd work it out!".

Why tell this story?

Well, quite frankly, even when we are frustrated with someone, or a situation we are in, I think it would be nice if we could remember to smile and say, "I know we'll work it out!"  Somehow I think that would just make hard moments more hopeful, and then we can end with, "I knew we'd work it out!"

No comments: