Sunday, February 18, 2018

Tia is Engaged!

Mike and Tia
Tia got engaged to Mike Stankey on January 18th, though naturally the temple was scheduled before that.  I would have written about this sooner, but Tia and Mike were just a bit stubborn and wouldn't send me a picture of them both together.  Tia always claimed that Mike had all of the pictures, and when I asked Mike for a picture he told me that his ear was in the picture of Tia that he had sent me the night before.  I love them both anyway.  It is so fun to have them around, and I didn't exactly remember to try to take their picture when they were here either.

Mike is from Ohio, though his family lives in Michigan now.  Tia and Mike are currently there visiting his family.  He is the middle of 3 children with an older brother and a younger sister -- all of them grown up.  Tia and Mike met during a Family Home Evening (they're in the same ward) and Mike said he got up the courage to talk to her when they were carving pumpkins.  Mike attends BYU and is in the U.S. Army Reserve (though he hasn't done basic training yet -- that comes after the wedding).

I love a lot of things about Mike including his smile, his thoughtfulness, and his good humor.  Once somebody was trying to ask Tia out at work and Tia said, "Oh, I have a Mike".  I like how much Tia smiles because she has a Mike, and he loves her so well. We will like having another son-in-law. They are getting married on May 5th.  This is also Tia's Dad's birthday, and Mike's Mom's birthday so there will be a lot of celebrating to do!
A picture from Kayli's birthday celebration in December

1 comment:

Mike said...

Congratulations to Mike and Tia. Tia made a great choice because most people named Mike as you know is very cool. Mike made a great choice because Tia is my cousin's daughter. Much respect to Mike for being in the reserves but does he,being from Michigan know the words to Hail To The Victors? Good luck to the happy couple!