Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happy Moments

On the right is my missionary son Elder Connor in Japan
I have had happy moments to hold on to with all of my children.
I like how happy Connor looks in this picture.

Almost every day, sometime around 12:30 p.m., Derek calls me from work.  I look forward to hearing his voice and talking to him for a few moments.  The other day he called and after talking to him I just felt very grateful.  It was the strong kind of gratitude that makes an impression, and sticks with me for hours, or even days.  Sometimes moments like this stay in my memory for years!  I am so thankful for these moments that are like happy rays of sunshine that warm me up, and keep me moving forward.

I have learned that most days have good things and hard things.  During the same day I can go through periods of energy and exhaustion.  Sometimes almost the whole day can feel hard.  It is good, especially on rough days, to look back and relive those little happy moments, and to remember that there are more to come. 

No comments: