Monday, April 22, 2024

Fear Loves Tomorrow

Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

I am reading a book called Declare War on Fear by Jeremy Johnson.  I have found it quite interesting and as I was reading yesterday I came across the words "Fear loves tomorrow" which I think is absolutely true.  I am really good at putting off until tomorrow (and the next tomorrow and the one after that) things that I am nervous about doing.

Yesterday as I read I thought of the item that has been continuously on my "to do" list lately -- make a video to go on my "Growing Great With Grandma" YouTube channel.  I have made videos before, but I have not really edited any videos for a long time, and I don't even know what program I used to use and so I needed to find one and figure out how to use it!  My channel has had zero videos for months!

So that one sentence got me moving.  I made a video of grandma on a bear hunt.  It took quite a while for me to figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer.  Then I ended up trying two different video editing programs.  Jake sat down with me while I figured out the one that ended up working and I giggled a bit at myself -- usually at the things I ended up editing out.  Perhaps my bloopers are more funny than the story!

It was good to be reminded that fear loves tomorrow and I am working to overcome the fear that keeps me from trying!  Hopefully, I will get better with time.

https://youtu.be/P-dy-OT9qYo?si=fYxvggq5qnYFseeZ

No comments: