Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jolly Jenny Jump Up

This post is in honor of my little sister Jenny. Her birthday is on Friday and we used to celebrate together quite often -- usually on the day between our birthdays (I know -- it's a not so subtle hint that my birthday is coming too--so start writing your good wishes to me and get them in the mail!). It's harder to get together for birthdays now and sometimes that makes me sad. Jenny is always fun to celebrate with! Jenny is the spunky one in the family. She has pizazz (except how do you spell that?). She is very talented and is a good person to ask questions of if you are planning a big event and need some help. She's patient too. I used to read out loud to her for hours, insist that we should memorize hymns and no doubt was bossy in other ways too. Here we are looking all beautiful for my older sister's wedding reception. Jenny is a good friend and I miss all of the chatting we used to do. Sometimes life gets busy! She kept me entertained during the months I had to stay in bed before Trisa was born. I loved hearing Jenny and Jeff stories -- especially because it had a happy ending.
This is Jenny in the hospital. It's not fair that she looks so beautiful is it? We were pregnant at the same time four times and somehow I never got a picture of us together with round bellies. This picture is of her fourth child-- Seth, and my fifth -- Jake. I decided while trying to get pictures together for this post that I have never taken enough pictures of Jenny. I'm going to start haunting her at family reunions. Here she is with her husband and her five beautiful children. I really can't say enough good things about a little sister who has been protective of me, kind to me, helpful to me, and a good example to me. I hope that this year's birthday will be a happy one -- even if I'm not there to help her eat her cake!

7 comments:

cold cocoa said...

You can definitely tell you're related! How nice to give Jenny such a write-up.
Happy Birthday to you both. You guys should plan a sisters trip.

Marcy said...

Isn't it great to have sisters!! You a so sweet to post about yours. Happy Birthday to you a little early and thanks for the thoughts, prayers and e-mail!! You're a great friend (and friends are sisters too!)

TisforTonya said...

I am frankly amazed that you have that many pictures... I'm not sure I could find more than two of any of my sisters on my computer!

Don't worry - your b-day is never forgotten around our house... the phone call is sometimes forgotten, but the day, we remember that!

Megz said...

Sounds like someone needs to plan a surprise trip to her sister! I'll watch the kids. What am I saying? Your kids will watch themselves and I'll come with you. Autumn is a great time for a road trip.

Sherie Christensen said...

Tonya -- I had to scan all of those pictures in and it took a lot of looking to find them. Meg, Autumn does sound like a great time for a road trip -- minus Dan who isn't really the best travelling buddy for longer than five minute trips.

LC said...

What a fun sister post--and BTW happy birthday to you tomorrow.
Hope you're making a weekend of it!

Do I hear a roadtrip? count me in....

TisforTonya said...

I really DID try to call... your phone was busy - and apparently it must have been someone else trying to call you because we found out later you were still at the parents' house... after that... well, I don't have any wonderful excuses for after that - I'm just not as "together" as I pretend to be :)