Friday, October 2, 2020

Focusing on What I CAN Do

Picture by Kayli

I was just trying to come up with questions that I should be looking for the answer to at General Conference, and during prayers, and just generally as I study.  The problem?  I am gifted at coming up with what I don't know, or what I don't do well and might need help with, and after a while I start to feel depressed.  Perfection is such a long way off, and I forget it's not required.  Thankfully, I was gifted with remembering what I learned last conference from President Nelson!  

"...the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives."

So, I decided to focus on what I can do -- at least for tonight -- and I am feeling a LOT more motivated to do good things now than I was when I was trying to think of all the things I needed to work on and what question I might need to ask about them!  

Here's my list:

I can use my writing to lift others

I can create letters and poems to inspire others

I can create songs that share faith and joy

I can listen

I can use my time to help others

I can speak kind words

I can create beauty

I can share what I learn

I can call people

I can plan get togethers

I can play games with my family

I can walk with others 

I can communicate through Marco Polos and texts

I can look, and find things that I can make better

I can make gifts, and buy gifts

I can create stories

I can do puppet shows

I can dance

I can laugh

I can share my gratitude

I can watch shows with my family

I can notice those around me

I can create order

I can clean

I can read

I can memorize inspirational things

I can pray for others and for myself

I can spend time with Heavenly Father

I can repent

I can forgive

I can smile

I can hope

I can love

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

What a great list! You are wonderful at all those things!