Friday, May 3, 2024

No Unkind Feelings


I was just reading my notes from General Conference.  Elder Soares talked a bit about "being bound to Jesus".  It's kind of a fun thought to imagine us tied to Jesus so that He is beside us wherever we go.  It reminds me of the Primary song If The Savior Stood Beside Me.  In the song we are asked how we would act, think, and speak differently if Jesus were right beside us.  It for sure would help us remember to be on our best behavior!  At least I think it would.

Making covenants is like binding ourselves to Jesus, and as long as we remember those covenants and all that Jesus has done for us, we are changed completely.  That change helps us to not have any unkind feelings towards anyone.  I think it might be good to mention that, as imperfect people, when we do have unkind feelings towards someone, refocusing on Christ and all He has done can help us forgive and move past that.

I was also reading about King Benjamin's people in the Book of Mormon and how they had "a mighty change of heart" and had "no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."  If I focus on Jesus, then I too, with His help, can do good continually.  That is what I hope to be like!

No comments: